OUR APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JULY 17, 2017
Our theme for Kids Create! this year will be Adventure Around the World!
Kids Create! participants explore music, dance, theater and visual arts all in one camp. Children from ages 5 to 12 develop their imaginations and skills through drawing, painting, collage, movement, music, improvisational theater and creative dramatics. Each week’s offerings are unique, so children may participate in one or both weeks. Each week ends in a showcase giving students the opportunity to perform for family and friends.
- Session I: July 31 – August 4, 2017
- Session II: August 7-11, 2017
Camp Hours: Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Tuition: $450 for one session; $800 for both sessions.
- Early Drop-Off & After Care: $40 for Early Drop-Off or After Care only per session.
- $80 for both Early Drop-Off & After Care for one session; $160 for both sessions.
Registration Period: October 15, 2016 – July 17, 2017All registered students are required to fill out a Participant Questionnaire.
- Camp schedule can be found here.
Descriptions of arts classes taught during Kids Create!
- Music: Students make music together in an age-appropriate, fun manner using their voices and a variety of hand-percussion instruments. Musical selections are drawn from a variety of musical eras and world cultures. Musicianship skills encompassing the fundamentals of music theory and ear training are built into music instruction.
- Creative movement: Creative movement classes teach students how to express themselves and their creative ideas through choreographed movement and improvisation. These classes appeal to girls and boys; they require no prior movement or dance experience. Creative movement training leads naturally into the study of a variety of dance forms. It is also a form of physical recreation that strengths mind, body, and spirit providing children with a healthy ‘release’ from the challenges of day-to-day life while promoting positive socialization.
- Visual arts: Students explore the role of senses, emotions, creativity, and intellect through the visual arts. Since everyone develops differently, our art classes focus on developing core skills – drawing and painting – through project-based assignments that inspire young minds and their creative journeys.
- Theater: Creative dramatics classes are specially designed to emphasize personal creativity as students develop skills in voice and speech, character development, creative expression through movement, and solo and group improvisation. Students and faculty work together to develop self-confidence, team/group dynamic, body and spatial awareness.
Instructors are drawn from the teaching staff at the Mason Gross School of the Arts Extension Division at Rutgers University.
All music and movement activities take place at the Mason Gross School of the Arts’ main location on Douglass Campus. All visual arts activities will take place in the Civic Square Building in downtown New Brunswick, NJ, home to the Mason Gross School of the Arts Visual Arts Department.